how do people have children? it's too much responsibility!
he went to the hospital, has tamiflu, and his fever is back down to 38.3. i don't even know what that is in fahrenheit terms - it's not normal (36-37 degrees), but it's not in the danger zone any more.
if i didn't have swine flu already, i probably do now after half an hour of contact time with fever boy while i took his temperature, walked him to the office, rubbed his back to try to comfort him, and gave him lots of water to drink.
this is what we call karma, people - mock swine flu for three months as media hype and you somehow find yourself on an ordinary saturday in july halfway (a quarter of the way?) around the globe trying to get a kid to the hospital as fast as you can without alarming him. (note: i refused to convert 40.7 degrees celsuis to the fahrenheit scale for him because i knew it would freak him out and doubted that he could make the conversion on his own in ordinary circumstances, let alone with a fever. oh, the small victories.)
i'm taking myself out to dinner...before going back on duty for the dance tonight. if you kiddos try anything funny tonight, beware the wrath of claire...

2 comments:
Claire:
I'm with you on this one. Swine Flu is flu. That's not to say flu is to be trivialized -- thousands of people die of the flu every year, and I am not unmindful of 1918. But to read some of the media reports, it sounds like another ebola or aids crisis. I am now going out to buy all necessary or convenient medical supplies so I will be ready for having tempted the Fates,as you did. Hope Flu Boy is doing better.
This is too intense for me! I hope your kids get better soon. Whether swine flu is anything special or not, 105ยบ is SCARY!
Post a Comment