Thursday, June 11, 2009

i have arrived!

i have arrived in budapest, good people, and all is well. don't tell me what time it is in atlanta, because i don't want to know. let's just pretend it is 6:45pm everywhere, which is what the clocks here tell me the time is. the flight to london was easy - i watched "the wrestler" and slept a fair amount - and the flight to budapest was easy, as well. though while i was napping on that flight the 6 year old hungarian kid in my row ate my mini candy bar that was sitting on the seat between us. or i lost the mini candy bar. but i'm blaming the kid.

on the 20 minute shuttle ride from the airport to the hostel i saw three mcdonalds' and one burger king. every one of them was nicer than any american fast food restaurant i have ever seen.

we've got internet access at the hostel where we're staying, and the keyboard is the same as an american keyboard, except the z and the y are switched. i guess you would call this a qwertz keyboard, not a qwerty one.

jenny should be arriving shortly and the adventure will continue!

3 comments:

QPDubs said...

Hooray! Yay! So glad you're there in once piece. The kid definitely stole your candybar. I would have.

Madame Albrecht said...

I can't believe you're there already! Isn't travel bizarre? You wake up in one city and then one (or two, or three) short flight later, you're somewhere else entirely! I hope you have an amazing time in Budapest! Oh, and I tried a bath house when I was there, and it was just icky... I wish you better luck than I had!

John said...

I love the name of the blog; a subtle reference to the Ralph McTell song (for all the others, listen to a cover by Nancy Griffith at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVFJ0Z-OTqo

Hope the rest of your trip goes as well as the first leg. You may be having more fun in all the capitals in Europe than we are having in McGrady, but I don't see how that is possible.