Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hello!

Hello friends and family! Since calling the US from Nice will be expensive and emailing people individually may take too much time, I'm hoping that I'll be able to write somewhat frequently on this blog about what I'm doing while I'm in France. As many of you know, I journal almost daily, so hopefully this can serve as a 21st century journal of sorts for me as well. I arrive in Nice on Sunday, June 10 and leave on Saturday, June 23. I think we will have pretty reliable access to the internet while we're there, so check back on June 10 or 11th to see if I'm able to write on this blog some. Here are some things I know about Nice:

1. It is 6 hours later in Nice than it is in Atlanta.
2. The weather on Sunday, when we arrive, is supposed to be a high of 74 degrees F and a low of 67. Woot woot. Goodbye, Atlanta heat.
3. I have set the posting time on this blog for Nice time, so it should show you the time I posted according to me, which may not be the time according to you.
4. They speak French. I do not. Crap.

Please leave comments or send me email to let me know what you're up to. I will be with a 65 year old (very nice) French teacher from my school and 10 high school girls in a country where I speak less than 100 words of the language. Approximately 10% of the words I know are from the scene in the Disney movie "The Little Mermaid" where the French cook is trying to boil the red lobster who is Ariel's friend. I will be starved for your stories.

Here is my key French phrase of the day. Please pardon the spelling.

Je ne mange pas du poisson.
I do not eat fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Claire,

Your blog works fine.

"Ou se trouve les toilettes?"

"Sal de bain" is where one takes a bath, and they will laugh. "Ou" (it has an accent that I can't produce here) means "where; "se trouve" means "does one find; the verb is reflexive as used here, indicated by the "se".

Cheers,

Mark